What is PRF?
- PRF or Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment is an innovative technique for extracting and concentrating platelets and growth factors, which circulate in the blood. These substances potentiate repair and regeneration, in response to the release of an elevated quantity of growth factors.
- What does the PRF treatment entail?
- Firstly, we will draw a few tubes of blood from your arm as for blood tests.
- These blood containing-tubes will be passed through a centrifugation machine, which separates the blood into its different components: plasma (which contains PRF, white blood cells, stem cells and growth factors) and red blood cells.
- At Levitas Dental Clinic Practice, we use the plasma product, i.e. PRF in the following treatments:
1. Treatment of gum recessions
Receding gums (gingival recessions) are a common but serious concern as the exposure of the roots results in an unsightly smile from an aesthetic perspective. If your teeth appear longer than they used to, the gums might have already started receding. Gums recede for various reasons, including poor oral hygiene and the development of gum disease. Genetically thin gum, overzealous brushing techniques, trauma from piercings and clenching/grinding of teeth can all cause recession. Recessions can be further complicated by sensitivity of the teeth, increased risk of tooth and root decay and issues with the bite.
Only once the causes of recession have been addressed (for example overzealous brushing or clenching/grinding) will the treatment be initiated.
At Levitas Dental Clinic Practice, we perform gum grafting, using the most contemporary surgical techniques and where possible, a minimally invasive (keyhole microsurgery) approach. The grafting procedure improves the appearance as well as the thickness (quality and quantity) of the gum tissues. The end result:
- Improved appearance of your smile
- Reduced chances of the recession progressing and compromising the other teeth
- Increased thickness of the gums
- Improved ability to perform effective oral hygiene
2. Bone grafting and sinus grafting treatments
3. Following extractions
Regenerative Dentistry Video
Book your consultation for Regenerative Dentistry
What Our Clients Say…
- Anju Rai